Covering most of Montana, the Lodge is lead by the Lodge Chief, Vice Chief, and Lodge Secretary.
Purpose of the Order of the Arrow
As Scouting's National Honor Society, our purpose is to:
- Recognize those who best exemplify the Scout Oath and Law in their daily lives and through that recognition cause others to conduct themselves in a way that warrants similar recognition.
- Promote Camping, responsible outdoor adventure, and environmental stewardship as essential components of every Scout's experience, in the unit, year-round, and in summer camp.
- Develop leaders with the willingness, character, spirit and ability to advance the activities of their units, our Brotherhood, Scouting, and ultimately our nation.
- Crystallize the Scout habit of helpfulness into a life purpose of leadership in cheerful service to others.
Mission of the Order of the Arrow
The mission of the Order of the Arrow is to fulfill its purpose as an integral part of the Boy Scouts of America through positive youth leadership under the guidance of selected capable adults.
Apoxky Aio Lodge
- Apoxky Aio Lodge (300) boasts a rich history intertwined with Scouting in the state. The lodge, founded in 1934, has seen its boundaries shift and merge with other councils over the years, reflecting the changing landscape of Scouting. Through it all, Apoxky Aio has remained a vibrant center for Order of the Arrow activities, fostering brotherhood and service among Montana's Scouts.
- Tracing its roots back to the early 20th century, the lodge has seen its share of transformations. Through mergers and reconfigurations, the spirit of Apoxky Aio has endured, fostering a sense of community and brotherhood among generations of Scouts.
- This journey through time reveals not just dates and events, but also the dedication of countless individuals. From Scoutmasters to lodge chiefs, each person has played a role in shaping the Apoxky Aio spirit. Their stories, woven together, form a tapestry of service, leadership, and camaraderie that continues to inspire future generations of Montana Scouts.